ProView Forum

where ProView persons gather

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-18 19:03:27

ChuckG

My iPhone SE will not center nor stabilize properly - very unhappy

Hi,

I have gone through ALL of the steps. I even restarted the steps 3 times. I have balanced my SE, which has to stick out a little bit in order to stay horizontal.

Gimbal still shakes. Camera won't stay 'centered' to the gimbal and I did the horizontal video.

Gimbal shakes when I place downward, slowly, fast, whatever. I optimized the gimbal. Still shakes.

I'm really unhappy with this product. I've used a gimbal before and it didn't need firmware for me to use my phone. I just slipped it in and started filmming.

The batteries are charged. I've done every step.

I think this was made more for the bigger phones.

I need this for the city videos and I really want to return it.
ChuckG

Last edited by ChuckG (2016-12-18 19:19:19)

#2 2016-12-19 09:20:47

admin
Administrator

Re: My iPhone SE will not center nor stabilize properly - very unhappy

Hi ChuckG,

Using iPhone SE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBD1W … sp=sharing

Customer shared video shot using iPhone 5S, similar to iPhone SE
https://www.facebook.com/Guan.Jim/video … 082842353/

Please makes sure you followed Usage Notice and done the initial 4 setup procedures, http://www.servicenavin.com/proviews3_f … c.php?id=4

> Gimbal still shakes.

Please see FAQ #1, http://www.servicenavin.com/proviews3_f … .php?id=37

> Camera won't stay 'centered' to the gimbal and I did the horizontal video.

If you mean keeping phone horizontal level, please see update #3, http://www.servicenavin.com/proviews3_f … .php?id=49

If there is still problem, please kindly provide a video as paragraph 5 of Usage Notice describes on how to report issue, to allow us better understanding of your problem and to assist. Thanks.

#3 2016-12-19 17:31:48

ChuckG

It shakes and behaves erratically. It will get stuck on a certain position and I have to turn it off.

On that first video, it's clear that the SE cannot be flushed against the gimbal - "a fact that was not given to me when I inquired via Facebook message." Had I known the phone would stick out away from the gimbal to get it to balance, I would have NEVER bought this gimbal in the first place.

Also, on your Facebook page, those who show their mirrored image are using a BIG PHONES.

Do you not believe in customer satisfaction? I do not want to spend another 2-3 hours calibrating this gimbal to get a 'so-so' shot. I'm working for the city. This has to be smooth and without issues and this gimbal behaves erratically. I want a refund.

I will contact the campaign creator and also contact PayPal.

Don't you see how no one is posting videos using the SE?

My question to you is, do you not believe in customer satisfaction?
ChuckG

#4 2016-12-19 22:53:22

admin
Administrator

Before the newer $299 Osmo Mobile came out with sliding arm design, all earlier smartphone gimbals on the market (from Feiyu, Zhiyun, Swiftcam, IKAN...) all need to slide the phone to get balanced. People use iPhone 5S or Phone SE without problem, sliding out similarly as we shown in the 1st video. The 2nd video is made by a customer is using iPhone 5S, which is same in size as iPhone SE.

Those 4 setup procedure need only to be done once prior to using the gimbal. Afterwards when using the gimbal, just need to put the phone to the phone grip, balance it, and turn on gimbal to use; same as using any other smartphone gimbal on the market.

#5 2016-12-20 00:13:33

ChuckG

I did the 4 setup procedure and the first time the gimble shook VIOLENTLY. I had to uninstall the app on my phone and start over and over again BEFORE it would even settle.

And it's not as easy as you make it out to be. Balancing the gimbal that doesn't FIT the phone takes a bit of effort. And then, making sure it was calibrated properly, so it doesn't shake. It always shakes, unlike any gimbal I've ever used.

My question was not answered - Do you believe in Customer satisfaction?
ChuckG

#6 2016-12-20 01:17:07

admin
Administrator

> It always shakes, unlike any gimbal I've ever used.

Out of 2,400 gimbals we shipped, less than a dozen has real hardware issue, and we do make free replacement for the customer. To determine if it's real hardware issue or usage issue, we need customer to assist making a video showing the way the gimbal is used, as described in paragraph 5 of the Usage Notice: http://www.servicenavin.com/proviews3_f … c.php?id=4  Upon seeing the video, if it's usage issue, we can easily identify and tell customer what's done wrong and have the issue quickly resolved.

Normally the 4 step setup procedure takes 5 ~ 10 minutes to complete. Afterwards on normal use, it takes less than 20 sec to mount and balance the phone and power on to use it. Thus most customers don't have issue using ProView S3.

#7 2016-12-20 01:39:52

ChuckG

My question was not answered - Do you believe in Customer Satisfaction?

I've seen you skirt around and around this question to do ANYTHING you can do but the one thing I ask - refund my money. No once have I heard - "We believe in 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed" from this company. So, I am guessing this is not important to you.

ChuckG

#8 2016-12-20 02:10:15

admin
Administrator

We have customers using iPhone 5S and SE without problem. As mentioned previously, if the received gimbal is defective, we'll make free replacement. But need customer's assistance to provide a video for us to determine if it's usage issue or gimbal issue, if it's usage issue, we can easily identify and tell customer what's done wrong and have the issue quickly resolved.

About your payment, Indiegogo and Paypal took about 10%, we only received around 90%. For refund on non-defective product, we can refund you the balance after restoration cost to sell-able state is deducted if you ship the product back to us.

#9 2016-12-20 03:04:20

ChuckG

The product is defective for which I will show in a video to PayPal.

But again - you have not answered the question - Are you a company that stands for CUSTOMER SATISFACTION?

You have done everything but answer this question. You skirt around it. You don't care that I'm unhappy with this defunct product. You don't stand behind your product to assure a customer is more than satisfied. Instead, you want to see if it's the fault of the individual or the fault of the product.

You are not listening to ME.

I am unhappy with this product.
I've used a gimbal before, most effectively.

And you don't CARE that I'm not satisfied and I have never dealt with a company that didn't care.

In October I purchased a video editing software with a 100% money back guarantee. I had a question, they answered it. I spoke to tech people when I had a problem, and they CARED to make sure the problem was resolved and that I was HAPPY with the product. It was very satisfying.

Your company doesn't care whether or not I'm a satisfied customer, and that's sad. Look how many times I've had to ask the question.
CG

#10 2016-12-20 04:10:30

admin
Administrator

Key difference is software has no material cost, no shipping cost, no procedure required for passing customs to avoid incurring additional tax when returning for refund as a phycial gimbal product does. So refund for a physical product takes more procedure steps than software.

Other iPhone SE and iPhone 5S customers didn't have problem using ProView S3. We would be glad to assist you getting it working correctly if you can provide us a video showing how you are using the gimbal.

We can refund you as described above or in the email, but need you to first clear the chargeback dispute you filed with Indiegogo.

#11 2016-12-20 15:10:35

ChuckG

Wow, you still did not hear ME.

"Other iPhone SE and iPhone 5S customers didn't have problem using ProView S3. We would be glad to assist you getting it working correctly if you can provide us a video showing how you are using the gimbal."

I have stated over and over I want a refund and you still don't hear ME.

If I clear the chargeback from Indiegogo, how do I know I will get my refund? You're asking me to say "Hey, it's okay afterall" when it isn't. I do have a phone number to call on the receipt. I'll see which way Indiegogo wants me to proceed.

I will ask you one last time - Do you believe in Customer Satisfaction? I'm not see it, because you're not hearing me.
CG

#12 2016-12-21 08:10:30

admin
Administrator

The chargeback dispute notice email we received from Indiegogo, they ask us not to do anything until the credit card company decides whether the chargeback stands or over-turned, which could take up to 75 days. Thus we are unable to proceed with return and refund process.

If you like to speed up return and refund process, please help clear the chargeback dispute you filed with Indiegogo first. Thank you.

#13 2016-12-21 22:59:54

ChuckG

I've cleared the chargeback, made a video, taking photos of the gimbal to show its condition. I need a mailing label. I can wait 75 days. We have a fire house opening on the 7th and a community cleanup and a new business about to open. Today I was suppose to do a run through an abandoned hotel for filmmaking venue.

I won't be able to do any city events and I've missed so many already.

Please process the label so I can get this gimbal back to you.
Thank you.
CG

#14 2016-12-22 02:56:10

admin
Administrator

As soon as Indiegogo processed your chargeback dispute removal request and cleared the “on hold” status for your order, we’ll start the refund process. Thank you for your help.

Untitled_cg.png

Board footer